Friday 20 June 2014

Get Lippy

Thick or thin, just grin!


Bodywise we often want the opposite of what we’ve got – tall girls often want to be shorter, shorter girls taller; those with curly hair would rather straight and vice versa. And the list goes on.

This also seems to be the case with lips – those with larger lips (often associated with black men and women) have sadly been known to wish for different and ladies and gents with thinner lips are now using fillers to pump their lips up.

When we get to the stages of recreating, rather than enhancing, our looks we are moving into sticky territory and one change can often lead to more so we end up not looking like ourselves at all.

However I’m all for a doing what gives us a confidence boost, and one of mine relates to my lips. Like Dita Von Teese, Christina Aguilera and Gwyneth Paltrow I believe in the power of red lipstick! When I’m wearing it, I can allow myself to be lazy with the rest of my make-up knowing my teeth look whiter and my smile brighter.

Personally, I like my lips. I hope you like yours too, but if not – as is the point of this series – I’d encourage you to, at least, appreciate them... after all, how else would we kiss!

And remember, we can all have beautiful lips because all we have to do: “For beautiful lips, speak words of kindness” - Sam Levinson.

Denise x



PS: Find out more about the project that's behind #30daysofbodypraise at: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/BodyConfidence and please support us however you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment