Saturday 14 June 2014

Middle of the body, top of the list.

Tummy trouble!


Today marks two weeks since starting this blog challenge... Woo hoo!

However, the number one area on the "I don't like" list of body parts whenever I talk to women is their tummy area. In fact, I was recently talking to a cancer survivor about this blog and she asked me to let her know when I was doing tips on a hiding her midriff. That really struck me.

So why am I only getting to it now? Well, if the truth be told, I get it. I'd love a flat stomach and tend to be negative about this area too.
And it's not just us ladies, ask most men (who don't have one), and they'll tell you how much they'd love a 'six pack'.

L5z06qf3lhddyzgpuvbjixfjxj2386lq
But as this blog is about celebrating what we've got rather than focussing on what we'd like, here's what I try to remember and focus on:

(a) I will not have a flat stomach unless I work really really hard at it, and I choose not to as I personally feel I have better things to do. And...


(b) I am a grown woman, with a child. My tummy carried that child for nine months. I am not meant to have a flat stomach! I am meant to celebrate that my tummy holds food and held my baby. And celebrate it I will! End. Of.

FYI: I did think about listing lots of tips on how to 'mask' a less than flat tummy. But you know what, I'll just do one... Remember you don't have to wear this summer's 'crop top' trend!

For more (serious!) top tips, why not book an image consultation. Alternatively, just learn to love your tum... Practice if you have to.

Have a  super Saturday!
Denise x


PS: Find out more about the project that's behind #30daysofbodypraise at: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/BodyConfidence and please support us however you can.




Note: I am not advocating an unhealthy body or lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment