Wednesday 4 June 2014

Short girl stands tall!

My Super Spine


So far, this series of blogs have focused on external features, but our body appreciation should go deeper than that. And so this blog is in praise of my spine. Not my back, specifically my spine - because, already in preparing for these blogs I've started to look at all the parts of my body in a new way, one of which is not to clump them all together.

Moving on! 
Today's thought is this...

One of the give-aways of a lack of body confidence is, in my opinion, a person's' posture (though of course poor posture is the result of a lot of things). Slouching is often associated with tall women and girls, but it's not just tall girls who slouch. When we want to 'hide', it's something many of us do. But, its widely accepted that if we stand tall we give off the appearance of being comfortable in our own skin - even if we're not.

And here's what I'm thinking - slouching shows our spines no respect: it says my flaws are bigger than you. And how can they be? Our super spines support us.


Image idea thanks to the creative mind of Mary from Mary & Mick Design!

My advice: Do your spine and your confidence a favour... Sit up, and stand as straight as a meerkat! 

My affirmation: Today I salute my super spine, and promise to stand tall in support of it. 

(Note: This is probably the only time tall and me fit in the same sentence! #petiteandproud)


Thanks  for reading!
Denise x


PS: Find out more about the project that's behind #30daysofbodypraise at: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/BodyConfidence and please support us however you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment